I'M BACK

February 09, 2017


Hey guys,

I know it’s been ages right? Literally ages. Four years is no joke! I can’t believe my last post on here was February 1st, 2013. Wow!
First, I must say I’ve missed the whole blogging experience. From curating blog photos, to creating contents and reading your comments. But on a more serious note, I am sorry for my disappearance. I mean it’s been “four years”. A lot of you must be surprised that I even came back to the blog. I hated being away though, for real. (Though I’m wondering if I should rather start a new blog afresh than continuing with this one).

Now you’d be wondering why I quit the blog. Well, I started blogging as a ‘fun’ hobby. Probably wasn’t passionate about it as much as I thought I was. But trust me, I loved blogging and placed the blog first before all other things. Even my studies at some point. Guess I needed to learn how to create a balance. But aside that, I really didn’t realize when I began to wallow in fear, laziness and self-pity. Well, in my defense, sometimes one just need to take time out and figure things out. As well as find oneself. But should I have been way for so long?

Quote
You may delay, but time will not.

I stopped blogging because I felt pressurized at some point. I was blogging for fun, but some people (quite a lot of people actually) thought it was funny to be a blogger. Fashion blogger for that matter. They thought it was kind of a waste of time seeing that I wasn’t even earning from it. Especially seeing entertainment bloggers who earn millions from their blog. But they didn’t understand that I was simply a girl blogging because I enjoyed it. Not necessarily for what I could make from it.  And all I got was links on “monetize your blog”, “how to monetize your blog”, “freaking monetize your blog”. Damn! It was indeed exhausting – I began to feel like child’s play. And blogging felt more like a task than something I enjoyed. But don’t get me wrong. To all those who ever insisted or advised I monetize my blog, I appreciate it because I know it came with good intentions. In fact the best intention ever. And that’s one of the reasons I’m back. (No shame) So I really appreciate you. But keep in mind that as at four years ago, and for a novice who started a blog as a hobby, all I wanted was to go with the flow. To be able to enjoy my new found love, to get an audience and literally grow with the blog. That was just it.

Speaking about appreciation, trust me guys, I would have appreciated it more if I was sent links on “how to blog better”, “ways to improve your blog” or even a cute blog theme. Okay at least someone sef should have asked “Maudleen, what have you learnt form blogging so far?”

To make matters worse, someone I thought and took as ‘special’ refused to help take me photos for the blog. I had practically packed a box of clothes I planned to style in order to curate outfit pictures for the blog. Like I’ve said, blogging was of a hobby to me and I actually never paid a photographer for a photo-shoot. Family and friends would gladly assist me with taking blog pictures. So naturally, I had thought that this person would as well, gladly accept to take the blog pictures. But to my greatest surprise, this person refused to take me pictures for the ‘blog’. Even went as far as asking “how many pictures do you want to snap?”, “are you going to change into all these ‘so many’ clothes?”. Mehn, let’s not even go there. Although I’ve forgiven, but I still do remember. Please, keep in mind that I’m neither venting nor blaming anyone. I just want to share answers to questions some of you have asked severally. And weren’t given a real answer.

Another reason I stopped blogging was that I was battling with incessant acne. My face was literally covered in pimples. This was sometime round 2013 to 2015. And that alone killed my self-esteem - talk about wallowing in self-pity. I realized I lost my confidence and lost interest in dressing up or taking outfit pictures for the blog. I even shied away from Instagram during that period. Fast forward to 2016, and after series of facial peels and treatments, my face is a lot better and I can gladly, boldly and with a big smile strike a pose for the camera.

I think I should stop here. Although these are not all. But the good thing is that I’m back now.

I am back not only to share my personal fashion and lifestyle, but back to make an impact. To grow, achieve goals, be responsible, challenge myself, meet people, have fun and to make a statement.

Thanks to all who waited patiently for me, thanks to all who kept on telling me to return to the blog (I wish I could mention names). Thanks to you who said “Maudleen I’ve got your back”. Thanks to you, you and you.

Let’s do this.


xoxo
Maudleen.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow! You were gone for so long. I never thought you'll be back but I'm glad you did. Congratulations on giving it another try and thanks for the update on your wellbeing. I wish you all the best in your journey.

    ReplyDelete

INSTA FEED