Fun way to Style your Full Flare Skirt

August 23, 2017

Outfit Details:
Top – Jumia
Skirt – (dress turned skirt) Warehouse
Sneakers – Adidas climacool from Jumia
Ankara Bag – DMG from Jumia on sale here, also have this here, shop more here
Glasses - Payporte
Photographed by my brother Jesse Imonirioma

Hey guys! How’s everyone?
Today I’m doing a fun look featuring a full flare skirt. You see, full skirts are indeed versatile when it comes to styling. Usually, I’d wear them with heeled court shoes or heeled sandals, but for a playful, fun, casual look, I decided to wear sneakers! Now I’d have gone for a white pair of sneaks, but your girl wanted to do different.

Story time: Now this full skirt you see here was originally a dress handed down to me by one of my aunts sometime in 2015. And you wouldn’t believe that I was grumbling in my mind like “A whole me Dafashionfreak, you’re giving me old clothes you don’t want. What do I look like?” Lol I would have preferred cash though, don’t judge. Anyways, to avoid long stories (which includes dumping it in one Ghana-must-go bag and then planning to take the dress to some welfare unit) I then realized I could actually wear the dress- even if just once so as to please her. I took the dress to a dry cleaner and I couldn’t recognize the dress by the time it was ironed. You see, that’s one thing with giving out your used clothing. Packaging and presentation matters. I definitely would have had a different perception or reaction if I received the dress after it came back from the dry cleaner. But then, diamonds don’t look attractive in the ground now, do they?
However, rather than the dress itself, I was more into the fabric. I liked it so much and felt a dress wasn’t versatile enough to style. So I decided to turn it into a skirt. And I tell you, after the transformation, I’ve been wearing this full skirt a lot more often and with almost any kind of top. And dear aunt was really pleased at the end of the day. Thank you aunty… :D

So back to styling, I went for a funky banana print tee to pair the skirt and a pair of Adidas climacool sneakers. Grabbed my Ankara tote bag to accessorize and finished up with this cute pair of transparent granny glasses I never thought would look good on me.
Hope you enjoyed my story? If you can relate with it, kindly share yours in the comments section below.
Also, if you would like a DIY tutorial on how I turned my dress into a full skirt, do let me know in the comments section below.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read.
Until next time,
Much love,

Maudleen.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Nice pictures! You're a very good writer too; Pls we need DIY tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great looks you are simply superb on this outfits. i love your outfits it's so trend style...
    https://www.modalist.com/uryourstyle/how-to-get-holiday-party-ready-with-street-style-looks

    ReplyDelete

INSTA FEED