Shades of Grey: Easy & Stylish Casual Look

August 18, 2017


Outfit Details:
Checkered Shirt – JML from Jumia
White tee – TRY (old)
Jeans – MrP
Bag – Asos
Shoes – Paperdolls from Jumia
Sunnies - Payporte
Photographed by my brother Jesse Imonirioma

Hey guys! How is the month of August treating you?
Life update: I’m doing just great, I’ve had a lot of experiences (both good and bad) but I’ve quite enjoyed my stay in Lagos. And sad to say (more like excited to say) that I’ll be returning to Abuja in some hours. Well, I need to go take care of Maudiffied (have a lot of work) and also to attend the bloggers brunch for 27th organized by The Blogger Point. But will I come back to stay in Lag? That, I’m not sure yet, because my fashion line is suffering my absence. I didn’t make the best arrangements to handle the business while I’m away. But I’m sure of visiting Lagos again.
So for today’s post; I’m sharing a very simple, quick, easy and stylish casual look for a daytime outing. It could be brunch/lunch with friends, a food festival, fashion festival, music festival or just any casual event. It’s that versatile. In my opinion, the colour grey is another wardrobe staple everyone needs to own. It could be a duster coat, pants, t-shirt, top or tank. There’s really a lot one could do with a grey clothing piece. But that’s for another day.

My Outfit: The main piece being the checkered shirt, I opted for an unconventional look. By wearing a white t-shirt paired with a pair of grey ripped jeans and threw on the checkered shirt without fastening the buttons for a relaxed feel (I like my comfort). Then I completed my outfit with a pair of snake skin block heeled sandals and a black cross body bag and of course sunnies.



P.S: I cannot remember the last time I purchased a white t-shirt. The white shirt I’m wearing here was purchased in 2013. I’m not kidding guys. I bought a number of white tees when I was going for national youth service four years ago and I still wear some of them till date. I know I’m very good at keeping/taking care of things and not just clothing alone. But this is white, and it still looks this white. If not for this post I wouldn’t even realize I’ve had this tee for this long.



Thanks for stopping by, do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Until next time.
Much love,

Maudleen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTA FEED