Vacation Diaries: Touring Stone Town, Zanzibar

September 24, 2017


Day 2
Waking up to a beautiful ocean view was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. Plus it was my first. I remember going live on Instagram that morning, of course I needed to share the beautiful view.
My agenda for the day was to go tour Stone Town. So after breakfast, I saw the movie “Naked” on Netflix and before noon our designated driver arrived and took my partner and I to Stone Town. We were introduced to Mohammed-our tour guide when we arrived, settled on the fee for the tour and we decided to have lunch before touring the town. That was the best quick decision ever!
Now I cannot remember all that Mohammed said, but I took quite a lot of photos. LOL. He said so many things about the ancient city. Number one – Stone town, located on the western coast of Unguja is a major tourist attraction in Tanzania. It is a city of prominent historical and artistic importance in East Africa. I remember he mentioned that Stone town is also known as Old town because it is the old part of the city as well as the main city in Zanzibar.  And then he mentioned something about slave trade. But I hardly paid any attention. I was too busy taking photographs of the old city. Oh he also said something about “Tangayika” and “Zanzibar” coming together to form “United republic of Tanzania”. That’s the much I can remember right now. Don’t blame me, a lot of things got me carried away. Meanwhile, my partner took time to listen to Mohammed and even asked a few questions. But for me, I needed the tour guide so that we don’t get lost in the city. So enjoy viewing these images with little or no caption to back them up.





Very breezy orange maxi dress
breezy orange maxi dress for summer






artistic doorbreezy, airy orange maxi dress perfect for summer








street art














artistic door
building




The House of Wonders.



maxi orange dress








Oh! What I’m wearing.
To tour the city, comfort was my priority. I didn’t even want to wear makeup. Did I even wear any at all? The white thing on my face is sunscreen. So, I opted for this very breezy, orange long sleeved maxi dress from Asos UK and flat comfy sandals from Jumia. I avoided any form of needless accessorizing so I kept it minimal to only what is needed. That is, sunnies and hat for sun protection. And a small purse bag to accommodate my phone and money.
summer dress, hat, sunnies, flat sandals
summer dress, hat, sunnies








henna art, body artbody art, henna



perfect orange maxi dress for summer
food time at forodhani gardens
food time at forodhani gardens


seafood at forodhani gardens






Forodhani Gardens


Thanks for reading guys. I do hope you picked a thing or two from this post. Up next is about my third day in Zanzibar.
Don’t forget to spread the love and share this post. See you soon…

Maudleen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTA FEED