Taking Stock - Seven

October 06, 2017

Hey guys! Happy October!
Hope the month began well for everyone? I’m doing just great but only late as usual. That’s why I’m working on improving my time management skills in doing all that I do that seem to be gigantic. Let’s dig into my seventh edition of Taking Stock.

Accepting: Early birthday presents already. Guys, this is my month! #teamlibra
Admiring: my woman crush. And I had to steal her hairstyle. Love my Lisa!
Bookmarking: This simple DIY faux nail manicure by Demi of High Street Mania. Ever since my decision to stop fixing faux nails because of the damages they caused, I’ve stuck to polishing my natural nails and maintaining a short length. But this here is definitely the kind of faux nail I’d want to have on whenever I’m in the mood for glam. It’s not only quick and easy, but also 100% damage free.
Celebrating: A new year, new age, new grace and new beginning. I’d be Twenty-Six by October 7th and I just can’t be more thankful.
Cooking: has been a war for me since my vacation. I’m not interested. I mean, when last did I cook? I just got back from vacay nau (even though I’ve been back for a month).
Changing: into different clothing as quickly as possible is a skill I’ve mastered ever since I started working with professional photographers. After paying X amount for an hour photoshoot, you don’t want to shoot only one look. Also, time is money so even when my brother helps out with my shoots, I wouldn’t want to waste his time.
Creating: An end of year collection for Maudiffied. Something new coming. Wanna guess?
Deciding: on a nail colour has been quite a struggle… I don’t know what colour to wear on my nails. Meanwhile, I’ve grown a mini nail bar in my wardrobe. Quite a collection there. Reason I’m indecisive right now:-D
Disliking: The abrupt end of Zee World series “Twist of Fate”. That was my only favourite show on the Indian channel. And they decided to stop it all of a sudden. I know that wasn’t the end, I mean I’ve seen ‘future’ episodes on youtube and I even saw a few episodes on the hotel TV while holidaying in Zanzibar. So I wonder why DSTV decided to cut the show. Maybe a season two? Or just the fact that it was beginning to get too long and twisted for some people’s liking. Example, ME! Although I don’t like the abrupt end, but I was honestly already tired of the too many twists and turns. The break is probably a good thing then. (Looking at the bright side of things).
Drinking: Masala tea… (Spiced tea). You see, before now, I’d drink masala tea probably once in like six months. But during my vacation in Zanzibar, I never missed drinking this special tea every night. It could be before, during or after dinner. So I’d say I got used to it. And I just continued even after leaving Tanzania.
Eating: unhealthy! I’ve been eating all the wrong foods and also in inappropriate quantities. Help!
Feeling: Absolutely thankful for the peace and unity of our nation. If you remember, in one of my previous posts on this series, I talked about speculations regarding the separation of the country. My dear, I cannot express how thankful I am that Nigeria is still one! And October 1st came and went peacefully.
Getting: Work equipment for Maudiffied. Also getting myself metallic fashion pieces - two handbags -one in metallic yellow, the other in metallic silver and one pair of shoes in soft metallic pink. I realized I didn’t own any metallic piece, so I got myself birthday presents. Can’t wait to style them.
Giggling: doesn’t help when you’re trying to be serious. Like don’t giggle when I’m practicing in front of you.
Hoping: and praying for continuous peace and unity of our country Nigeria. And all nations of the world. My prayer goes to all the victims of the horrible Las Vegas shooting.
Knowing: That God will not abandon His children. Especially in time of need.
Loving: Myself more. Do you love me? I love me too.
Making: Money moves… Also making sure that I don’t delay this post. I want to publish this latest by 23:00 hours of 6th October, 2017.
Marveling: at how oily my face is. I mean, it still gets oily in two hours even after wearing ponds oil control cream, face primer, and setting spray. The oils still come out. And I don’t mean shine. OIL..! So what was the whole “ponds” hype about?
Needing: Cuddles; that are available on demand. Time to get married? Or buy a teddy!
Noticing: how it’s been raining almost every day here in Abuja.
Opening: Whatsapp group messages less. Funny how I’ve made it a habit to mute all the groups and try to breeze through the conversation when I’m free. Mostly before going to bed.
Playing: Bodak Yellow by Cardi B. Also playing Spots Connect on my phone. This game is quite addictive.
Reading: My journal. I find ideas I’ve written down in the past few months and I somehow find it strange to believe I wrote all of that. If not for the fact that they are hand written, I would probably think otherwise.
Sewing: Wrap dresses for Iyawo. I’m referring to my sister who got married sometime this year.
Smelling: of baby wipes. I just wiped my makeup off.
Waiting: For my equipment to get here. Also waiting for my asos order to arrive.
Wanting: Another vacay. But this time, sponsored! I want an all-expense paid trip to Seychelles!!! Birthday gift anyone? LOL
Wasting: Nothing at all. Zero waste this past month guys, zero waste!
Wearing: La Nuit Tresor by Lancome. The smell is divine…
Wishing: (Can’t share this particular one because it’s a birthday wish). Blows candlelight off!
Wondering: If Cardi is saying “this is red bottoms” or “this is bread bottoms” but all the same, I need to get bread right now. There can’t just be no bread at home.

Thanks for taking the time to read guys. I appreciate every bit of support coming from you. Until next time…
Much love,

Maudleen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTA FEED