FYS Party: Part 1

September 09, 2012


Hello loves! How was your week and how's your weekened going? My week was great and funfilled... though with a little stress. I think I mentioned something about final year students (FYS) activities in my last post. Today, I'm sharing with you pictures from my first FYS party.
HALL OF RESIDENCE: So my first FYS party was organised in my hall of residence. All the FYS were to participate by getting thesame fabric and making any dress of one's choice, taking photos, partying, bla bla bla. Also, there was presentation of awards, you can call it a sendforth. Though, I was more interested in the part where I get to make a dress of my choice and take as many photos as I want-LOL.
As you can see, I'm wearing this fabric from DaViva. DaViva print was the fabric selected by some of the FYS to be worn uniformly on our day. So I decided to get mine sewn into pleated skirt and a top covered with lace. Also chose to style my outfit with black shoes, clutch, belt and lots of gold jewelleries.
So on Friday morning before the time for the party, I decided to go to one of my favorite photo spot for a quick photoshoot (at least to avoid rush during the party cause I might not be settled enough for nice photos). But as you can see I forgot my black thin belt in the morning when I left for the photoshoot. So tell me why the rush? Just what I was avoiding-SMH.









two musketeers: Me and Maro


Pics from the party







There are lots of pics I'd love to share right now. I'm just overwhelmed and randomly selecting.
I hope you like the outfit though?
Moreover, there's still FYS activities coming up and I just can't wait for it. But, on second thought, I don't think I'd be participating in all, cause I've got a lot of school work on ground and my final exams are fast approaching...
It's almost midnight here, and I'm yawning. Talk to ya soon.

Just have fun
stay easy
love
Maudleen
xoxo

You Might Also Like

54 comments

  1. I love the 2 toned fabrics. Its looks like you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is very pretty!! Looks like fun indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love the lace back too. It's a very unexpected detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the fabric,u and your friends looked very chic! keep up the good work and good luck with your school work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the matching fabric! Your outfit is so gorgeous and then I love how you're all matching!! It's so cute!
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit. The color is amazing. Great post.

    I would love for you to stop by and check out my latest outfit post.
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Larissa, I love the sound of your name!
      Glad you stopped by!
      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Beautiful print!


    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty dress.love d lace at the back x
    Nominated u for a liebester award..:)
    check it out on my blog here

    http://msversatiletips.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute ankara print. Love the sheer panel at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute ankara print. Love the sheer panel at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute ankara print. Love the sheer panel at the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey. Why is it that I can't respond to your posts?? I've tried commenting but to no avail...

      Delete
  13. Looks like a fun evening... You look really gorgeous, love the dress. What school do you attend, if you don't mind us asking.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your dress. Fits your perfectly and you look awesome in it!
    The green location and photography is great as well!
    Came here blog hopping and liked your blog!
    Do drop by my blog sometime.
    And do follow if you like! :)
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the ankara dress, the sheer back sealed it for me!!! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice surprices: good taste and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute outfit! Love those prints!

    www.stills.rs

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, your outfit is super cute with cute color!

    Anyway, I followed your blog, hope you can follow back, too!
    Thanks!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey. Glad you stopped by. I sure will.

      Delete
  19. Amazing dress ! Love the colour.

    xoxo
    ysophisticates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much loveee. Glad you left a comment.

      Delete
  20. nice shoes!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what can i say.
    You look sooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning!!!^^
    i love the lace back too ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look amazing sweetie. I love your necklace!

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicki. Glad you stopped by. *hugs*

      Delete
  24. Thanks honey. I'm glad you stopped by. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning. Lov'in ur blog :D
    *New Follower*
    Bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is such a beautiful print of ur dress..I am loving it ! Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog ! Maybe u have time to check my new post !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

INSTA FEED