DOUBLE DENIM

April 18, 2017

mom jeans, denim jacket and mules
Hey guys! How are you doing? I promise to keep this short.
On today’s post, I’m styling double denim; wearing two of my favorite trends. If you’re thinking mom jeans and denim jacket, you’re right.
Outfit Details:
Denim jacket – PROJECT from MrP try in stores can't find it online
Vest – Topshop (old)
Mom jeans – Calvin Klein from Vintage closet 9ja 
Shoes (mules) – Paperdolls from Jumia try here, also try here, more mules here
Shoes (plimsolls) – Shoe Republic LA from Jumia try here, also here or here
Bag – Asos similar here, also try here
Choker - can't remember but try here, love this here, more here
Wristwatch –  Jumia try here, more here
mom jeans, denim jacket and mules

So for my take on double denim, I decided to pair mom jeans and denim jacket because it’s just one of the best ways to wear double denim. I wore a really light textured vest as the weather is of course warm though we’ve been experiencing a good measure of rainfall now (thankfully). Speaking of the vest, I’ve had it for quite a long time, say - four years. Trust me, I’m very good at keeping/maintaining things not only clothing.
I finished my look with a pair of my favorite black mules and black cross-body bag for a dressed up minimal look. And to dress down my look, all I did was switch the mules for plimsolls. Which brought about a sporty and more relaxed look. Meanwhile, if you’re not into rain boots, rubber soled plimsolls are also good for rainy days. They actually protect your feet from water/mud and the fact that the sole is made of rubber means the water won’t even spoil your shoes. Plus you could easily wash off mud stains from the shoes. Thought I share this tip since it’s the rainy season.
mom jeans, denim jacket,mules

mom jeans, denim jacket, mules

Oh by the way, did you notice how I added Ankara tassels to my bag? Well, that was pretty much my best shot at Ankara daily for this look. Fail? I’ll do better next time. I plan to get more Ankara accessories. As they seem to be a quick and easy option when it comes to wearing Ankara daily. I’ve had my eyes on a particular Ankara boy-bag for quite a while now. I simply cannot wait to lay my hands on it (to purchase it actually). And I definitely will not hesitate to show you on my Instagram as soon as I do.
mom jeans, denim jacket, mules

mom jeans, denim jacket, plimsolls, crosbody bag

mom jeans, plimsolls

mom jeans, plimsolls, cross body bag, choker

So guys, how would you style double denim? Which look do you prefer more – the dressed up or dressed down look? Please, let me know in the comments below. Thanks for stopping by. And please………, kindly share.
Much love,

Maudleen.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The vintage closet comes through always in mom jeans. I love the denim on denim and the jacket is such a closet staple, I'm seriously hunting for my perfect denim jacket.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete

INSTA FEED