TAKING STOCK - EIGHT

January 24, 2018


African style, Afro, Braids, african home

Happy New Year guys… Welcome to 2018!
I’m late as usual, new year, same me but with a fresh start. Hehe!
So if you noticed, my last post here was October 2017 and without a warning I disappeared only to show my face now. Well, to cut the long story short, I was super busy with all other things except the blog. It was the end of the year you know. I’m guessing some entrepreneurs out there would understand. I’m also guessing those who follow me on social media (Instagram especially) wouldn’t even feel like I went anywhere.
On this edition of Taking Stock, I’ll be sharing some of my goals for the New Year. So without any further ado, let’s take stock.

Accepting: Love! The idea of spreading a lot of love. You can never have too much love after all. But also Accepting: to not eat beef. To boycott beef!!! Until the Fulani herdsmen stop the killings. (Nigeria!) How ironic because here am I speaking of spreading a lot of love. But then, there are certain things we need to do in order to correct the system.
Bookmarking: RANDOM.ORG because my phone won’t let me download another app as my 32gb storage space is already full. (Maudleen what happened to decluttering your phone for the new year?) And RANDOM is one tool I’ll so much need this year because of what I have in stock for you my lovely readers. In case you didn’t know, I did my very first social media giveaway competition on Instagram sometime this month. It was fun and I needed a random number generating app. Now as I couldn’t download one due to lack of storage space, I went to random.org to do what I needed to do without having to download any app. Twas quick and easy guys. This is not an ad. I’m just freely sharing helpful tips.
Cooking: is always fun when you’re watching FOOD channel on TV. Right now, I’m watching Siba make cooking appear so enjoyable and easy on her show Siba’s Table. I think in order for me to feel the same way she does when cooking, I need my kitchen to look like and have everything in hers or one of those MasterChef’s kitchens.
Changing: The way I approach certain things related to my work/business. I can’t even go deep into this. It’d be a long read. Maybe a special post. Let’s move on.
Creating: Mood boards, designs and quite a number of styles for all our 2018 Maudiffied collection.
Deciding: To try new hair colours this year. You see, never have I ever dyed my hair and I have been petrified to change my hair colour to anything bright. For the first time last year I installed braids in blonde (colour 27) on my hair. And I loved it! So the plan right now is to experiment different hair colours using wigs and weaves (coz I won’t dye my hair guys – no way). I already began the year with blonde braids again and I’m thinking blue or purple or pink or grey for my next look. What are your thoughts guys? To experiment or not?
Disliking: The way I’ve been away from the blog. It’s been too long. Uhh Maudleen! You know I don’t like what I hate.
Drinking: Hot chocolate daily by 12noon since the fast began. With that I’m able to stay without food till 4, 5 or 6pm to officially break. This is cheat guys. Don’t try this at home! But it’s between me and my God so please don’t judge.
Eating: Only dinner until the 21 days is over.
Enjoying: My stay at this beautiful, artsy waterfront apartment in Ikoyi. Replace “enjoying” with “enjoyed” because I’ve been back home for two weeks now.
Feeling: Thankful for making it into 2018. Also feeling excited about the New Year. There is always something about New Year you know. Could it be the fresh start, new goals and opportunities?
Getting: A new work space for Maudiffied. I’m so excited!
Giggling: A lot at funny TV shows. Earlier today I watched World’s Best Fails and People Behaving Badly. And man, some people are really funny and weird.
Hoping: and praying that these killings in Nigeria stop as soon as possible.
Knowing: That it is better to attempt a thing and fail than to never try and not know I could succeed.
Learning: To live according to the priorities I have set for myself. To live life intentionally and audaciously. To see life in a whole new beautiful way. To always look at the bright side of/in every situation.
Loving: Yemi Alade’s song Go Down (coz I love to go down in a dance) and Rita Ora’s “Anywhere”. Like “just take me anywhere… take me anywhere… anywhere away with you”. The kind of songs that make me wanna runaway with babe. Just for weekend though. LOL.
(Also)Loving: My peaceful life. Oh this inner peace! And peace with others. I can’t trade it for nothing.
Making: A list of brands and bloggers I’d love to collaborate with this year. Dear readers, feel free to contact me if you’d love to do a blog or giveaway collaboration. Email- maudleen.imoni@gmail.com
Marveling: At how this thing called “Idea” works. I mean, one minute you’re excited about your new idea only to discover the next minute that someone somewhere is already working on the same idea you thought was yours. Dr. Myles said he believes that when the idea came from God, many people got it. My dear readers, what are your thoughts on this? Because it baffles me.
Needing: A lot of work materials for Maudiffied. Like I keep ticking the items I’ve gotten but I find myself adding some items that missed the list initially and then the list just keeps growing long.
Noticing: Nothing. Too busy being busy and forgetting to take note of some things in life.
Opening: My blog actually.
Playing: New Rules by Dua Lipa. Like it just came on right on my YouTube playlist.                                                                                                                               
Reading: At least fifteen books this year. This is one of my goals for the year guys. Although I’m always occupied with work, especially doing what I do, but my plan is to read at least one book a month, which gives twelve books. And on those months I’m less busy, I could read more than a book. So this month I’m Reading: Uncover your Potential by Dr. Myles Munroe of blessed memory. And I’m so glad I started my year with this book. So much words of wisdom in the book. I make sure I’m with my yellow highlighter when I pick up the book to read.
Realizing: That there is always a way to do “everything”. The fact that I don’t know “how to do it” does not mean I “cannot do it”. So I’m forever in search of new knowledge. Thank God for books and the internet.
Sewing: At least fifty (50) clothes within January and February. I have a target to meet guys. Wish me goodluck.
Smelling: Fresh paint from the new work space. I’ve been sneezing in fact.
Waiting: For no one to encourage or challenge me to do more or do better. I have taken it upon myself to challenge myself to do more and better.
Wanting: Only the things I need. You might want to scroll up to re-read “needing”.
Wasting: Garri. It’s so annoying when family don’t finish the eba. And when you make it smaller, it won’t be enough. Uhh the struggle.
Wearing: My Miniso leather strap wristwatch that I purchased late last year. It’s my new “everyday” watch. I love it!
Wishing: You (reading this post) the very best this year 2018. Like, this is going to be your best year yet.
Wondering: If anyone actually missed reading my blog posts these past two months. Did you?
African art, kente, batik, braids

African style. batik, braids

Thanks for taking the time to read guys. I wish you the very best of 2018. I appreciate every bit of support coming from you. Until next time…
Much love,

Maudleen.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Welcome back Maudleen! Best wishes for 2018 to you as well!

    I did miss your blog posts, I was waiting for more african print looks featuring your colorful brand.

    xo,
    Sheyla
    www.freestyle-moda.com

    ReplyDelete

INSTA FEED